Recipe for Butter Chicken Masala (Download)
BUTTER CHICKEN MASALA
succulent Tandoori Chicken in a traditional buttery Makhani Sauce
Serve: 4 Persons
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- 1kg Tandoori Chicken
- 100g Unsalted Butter
- Cinnamon Stick
- Fresh Ginger, grated
- 1 Green Chilli, finely chopped
- ½ tsp Ground Cardamom
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 3 tbsps Concentrated Tomato Puree
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- 1 tbsp Dried Fenugreek Leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Fresh Coriander, chopped as garnish
- Melt the butter in a pan. Add the cinnamon stick and fry gently until aromatic. Add the fresh ginger and green chilli and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ground cardamom, cayenne pepper, garam masala and stir. Add the tomato puree and stir to combine. Whisk in the fresh cream and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring continuously.
- Add the fenugreek leaves, and season to taste. (You can also add a little sugar / honey, if required). If sauce is too thick add a splash of water. Now add the cooked Tandoori Chicken and simmer for 5-10 minutes to heat thoroughly.
- Serve hot, garnished with fresh coriander, and accompanied by hot roti or paratha.